Jennifer’s passion has always been in wanting to know more and wanting to help other people as well. She tutored throughout her school years, audited classes for supplemental knowledge and volunteered at healthcare facilities such as Fox Chase Cancer Center, Moss Rehabilitation Center and Frankford Hospital. She went on to complete a Bachelor’s Degree in Biology (Pre-Med) from LaSalle University. Jennifer became a Physical Therapist not just for the personal connection it allowed her to have with her patients, but also for the challenge of applying her science education to an active field of work.
In 1999, Jennifer met Dave Galloway, and they realized that not only did they have a ton of things in common, such as their backgrounds and interests, but also that they shared a desire to improve upon the quality of care they saw patients receiving everyday in their respective fields. Dave had graduated from Temple University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing. He worked as a nurse in hospitals, home health agencies, nursing homes and in outpatient dialysis. Dave has always been dedicated to patient education and helping patients to regain their independence with self directed treatment programs. His field experience and his astute business sense proved to be the perfect match for both Jennifer and her dream.
By 2002, Jennifer and Dave had developed their vision and started organizing the business. They saw their first patients in 2002, while still working additional full and part time jobs. Their Medicare certification was received in 2003, and at that point things started moving forward according to plan with the hiring of their first clinicians in 2004. Next came certification by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, followed by office relocation from Northeast Philadelphia to Bucks County (Doylestown) in 2006.
In June of 2016, the agency relocated to Southampton, PA (542 Street Road) where Dave owns and manages the building. The move put us right in the center of our treatment area, allowing us more access to our patients and our referral sources. The additional space allows the agency to hold meetings on site, store DME for patients in need and take on a new office pet.
These days, the agency is thriving and each day presents new challenges for Jen and Dave to overcome together. At Home Rehab, LLC employs nearly 50 clinicians across a variety of disciplines. They provide in home patient care across Bucks, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties. The agency staff are treated like family and gather several times throughout the year for both educational and social events. Jennifer and Dave do not just care about quality of life for their patients and their employees, their animals are just as important. They work in connection with Ross Mill Pig farm to help foster and find homes for the pigs. They foster anywhere from 1-4 pigs at a time in their home. This is in addition to their pet skunk, who can be timid at times, but has learned to play a baby piano for treats!!!
“When we say ‘From Our Hearts to Your Homes’, we really do bring that level of care and services to each patient under our care. What began as a passion and a dream has become a way of life for both of us.”
How We Maintain Quality:
- We do everything that we can to make the referral process easy for you, including: – For Facilities: coming to the facility to meet the patient and perform chart review before discharge – For Physician Office: electronic referral and certification of documents
- We maintain Medicare and Joint Commission Certifications
- Patients are treated by the same clinician throughout the course of their care
- All clinical staff participate in a “Prevention of Re-hospitalization” Education and Treatment Program
- All nurses participate in a continuous Medication Review Program beginning with admission
- Agency is owned and operated by a Nurse and a Physical Therapist who are on call outside of office hours
- Agency is locally owned and operated. Agency is not a franchise.
- Clinical and Office Staff are evaluated on performance every six (6) months
- Patient treatment is initiated within 48 hours of referral
- Office staff is friendly and always willing to assist in a timely manner
- Clinical staff participates in a ‘teach back’ program to ensure comprehension and follow through with patient education